Potty Arsenal fans turn path into latrine
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Tony Smith
A country walkway has become a disgusting eyesore in London Colney as Arsenal fans, flushed with the success at securing their idols’ signatures, are relieving themselves along the track.
The public path is near the scene of a traffic collision involving David Beckham late last year, opposite the club’s training grounds in Bell Lane.
Villager Tony Smith, who regularly walks his dogs in the countryside near the grounds, is annoyed at seeing human excrement piling up among vegetation along the track.
With no conveniences next to the site, fans have plumbed new depths by relieving themselves opposite the entrance as they wait several hours for footie stars to re-emerge from the grounds.
Fulham fan Tony told the Herts Advertiser: “It sounds like I’m being miserable trying to stop fans having a pee, but I don’t know how to stop them doing it there.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s become worse. Lots of people walk along the path and this isn’t right.
“It’s awful. Someone should clear it up.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
The 64 year old added: “I have spoken to people at Arsenal, but they said it was nothing to do with them as it’s on the other side of the road.
A spokeswoman for Hertsmere borough council said a crew would be sent out to investigate and clear the waste.
Several public conveniences are just a few minutes drive away, including at the Colney Fields shopping centre.