Potato fun at St Albans Willows Activity Farm shin-dig
- Credit: Supplied by Willows Activity Far
Everyone get their dungarees because it’s time for the Potato Shin-dig at Willows Activity Farm.
Between September 3 and 30, keen harvesters can dig up and take home their own big bag of picasso potatoes.
There is more than 20 tonnes of potatoes just waiting to be harvested and an opportunity to get crafty with potato printing.
CEO at Willows, Nicola Ratcliffe, said: “The Potato Shin-dig is a really exciting moment in the Willows Activity Farm calendar.
“Being able to dig your own potatoes to take home and eat is something that everyone in the family can enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
“We also love that the children get to learn in a fun and exciting way where their food comes from - parents also get the satisfaction of being able to cook with potatoes straight from the farm to plate.”
For more information call 0333 331 2060 or go to www.willowsactivityfarm.com
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved