Charity walker seeking bed and breakfast in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A charity walker trekking from Milton Keynes to Cyprus is appealing for help with bed and breakfast when his route brings him through St Albans.
Postman Malcolm Underwood will be heading off on his 2,500 mile walk on March 1, and will be staying overnight in St Albans.
His trek, which will take about four months and two weeks, will be in aid of Cancer Research, Alzheimer's and dementia, and the NSPCC, and takes him through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey.
Malcolm said: "I lost both my parents to cancer and have always wanted to do something for charity. Something challenging for myself.
"This is not just about my parents, this is for all the people who have lost their fight or are fighting this horrible disease."
If you can help find Malcolm somewhere to stay, contact him via email at email@example.com
To sponsor his efforts visit https://www.sponsorme.co.uk/malcolmunderwood/the-long-walk.aspx
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary