Post office reopening in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Post Office Ltd is to re-open its Beech Road branch on Friday, February 16 at 1pm.
The new Post Office will operate from Shell King William service station on 2 Beech Road (AL3 5AS), just 25 metres from the previous location.
The new opening hours will be Monday to Sunday 6am to 10pm, which amounts to 112 hours of Post Office service a week, 38 more than before.
The previous branch at 12 Beech Road closed in April 2017 following the resignation of the postmaster and the withdrawal of the premises for Post Office use.
The Post Office is inviting customers and interested parties to give their comments on the re-opening and any issues they would like to raise.
You may also want to watch:
This consultation period will close on Thursday, March 8 2018.
Submissions can be made via email to email@example.com, via the customer helpline 03457 22 33 44, or textphone 03457 223355.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden