Post office reopening in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Post Office Ltd is to re-open its Beech Road branch on Friday, February 16 at 1pm.
The new Post Office will operate from Shell King William service station on 2 Beech Road (AL3 5AS), just 25 metres from the previous location.
The new opening hours will be Monday to Sunday 6am to 10pm, which amounts to 112 hours of Post Office service a week, 38 more than before.
The previous branch at 12 Beech Road closed in April 2017 following the resignation of the postmaster and the withdrawal of the premises for Post Office use.
The Post Office is inviting customers and interested parties to give their comments on the re-opening and any issues they would like to raise.
This consultation period will close on Thursday, March 8 2018.
Submissions can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via the customer helpline 03457 22 33 44, or textphone 03457 223355.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival