Possible UFO sighting in St Albans baffles resident
- Credit: Archant
A “round silver object” flying in the air has puzzled one early morning commuter on her way in to the office.
Sue Ibbison, who lives in Marshalswick, was walking along Hatfield Road at 7.10am on Tuesday (24) when she saw the peculiar object “moving steadily in the sky” by the road’s junction with Ashley Road.
She said: “I had to get up early to walk to the station, I just saw it quite high up but not as high up as a commercial airline.
“It was silver and round but I couldn’t see any wings – I just thought that it was very strange.
“I thought it may have been a private jet but it seemed to be too high for that and it certainly wouldn’t have been a light aircraft because I would have easily heard it. It could have been a drone but I’m not sure.
“A couple of minutes later a standard ordinary Easyjet came into view which I could hear and see clearly.
“The small silver object pretty much directly ahead of this passenger jet continued slowly on its way. Oh for a pair of binoculars!”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
- 6 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 7 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 10 Who was the witch of St Albans?
She went on: “I just wondered if anyone else saw it as I found it very interesting and strange.”
Did you see the object in the Fleetville area of the city on Tuesday morning?
Leave your comments below.