Possible UFO sighting in St Albans baffles resident
- Credit: Archant
A “round silver object” flying in the air has puzzled one early morning commuter on her way in to the office.
Sue Ibbison, who lives in Marshalswick, was walking along Hatfield Road at 7.10am on Tuesday (24) when she saw the peculiar object “moving steadily in the sky” by the road’s junction with Ashley Road.
She said: “I had to get up early to walk to the station, I just saw it quite high up but not as high up as a commercial airline.
“It was silver and round but I couldn’t see any wings – I just thought that it was very strange.
“I thought it may have been a private jet but it seemed to be too high for that and it certainly wouldn’t have been a light aircraft because I would have easily heard it. It could have been a drone but I’m not sure.
You may also want to watch:
“A couple of minutes later a standard ordinary Easyjet came into view which I could hear and see clearly.
“The small silver object pretty much directly ahead of this passenger jet continued slowly on its way. Oh for a pair of binoculars!”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
She went on: “I just wondered if anyone else saw it as I found it very interesting and strange.”
Did you see the object in the Fleetville area of the city on Tuesday morning?
Leave your comments below.