Popular BBC Three comedy filming in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Film crews are due to arrive in St Albans today (20) to shoot scenes for a popular BBC Three Comedy.
Cameras are expected to be set up in the city centre to film the second series of Witless – a comedy about the lives of two flatmates who have been forced into witness protection.
The programme is set in Bristol and Somerset and features Kerry Howard, who is known for playing Laura in the BBC Three hit – Him & Her.
A spokesperson for the production team said: “Although the series is set in Bristol and the South West, we chose to film in St Albans as some areas bear an uncanny resemblance to Taunton.
“The location is perfect for the show and we hope that residents enjoy seeing their area on TV when the series airs.”
You may also want to watch:
There is currently no release date for the second series of Witless but it is likely to air next year.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital