Pools at St Albans’ Westminster Lodge will be closed for maintenance
- Credit: Archant
Popular childrens swimming pools in St Albans city centre will be closed for about a week for maintenance work.
The teaching pool and confidence water area at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre will be shut from September 2 to 8 - the main pool will still be open.
This has been timed deliberately for the start of the school year when demand is lower.
Timetabled swim scheme sessions will still take place in the main pool with the floor and temperature raised. Therefore, some adult sessions will be cancelled during that period.
Sports Portfolio Holder at St Albans district council (SADC), Annie Brewster, apologised for inconvenience but noted that “significant efforts have been made to minimise disruption”.
You may also want to watch:
She suggested learners might want to use Harpenden Swimming Pool instead.
Everyone Active manages Westminster Lodge on behalf on SADC.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall