Pools at St Albans’ Westminster Lodge will be closed for maintenance
- Credit: Archant
Popular childrens swimming pools in St Albans city centre will be closed for about a week for maintenance work.
The teaching pool and confidence water area at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre will be shut from September 2 to 8 - the main pool will still be open.
This has been timed deliberately for the start of the school year when demand is lower.
Timetabled swim scheme sessions will still take place in the main pool with the floor and temperature raised. Therefore, some adult sessions will be cancelled during that period.
Sports Portfolio Holder at St Albans district council (SADC), Annie Brewster, apologised for inconvenience but noted that “significant efforts have been made to minimise disruption”.
She suggested learners might want to use Harpenden Swimming Pool instead.
Everyone Active manages Westminster Lodge on behalf on SADC.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped