Pools at St Albans’ Westminster Lodge will be closed for maintenance
- Credit: Archant
Popular childrens swimming pools in St Albans city centre will be closed for about a week for maintenance work.
The teaching pool and confidence water area at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre will be shut from September 2 to 8 - the main pool will still be open.
This has been timed deliberately for the start of the school year when demand is lower.
Timetabled swim scheme sessions will still take place in the main pool with the floor and temperature raised. Therefore, some adult sessions will be cancelled during that period.
Sports Portfolio Holder at St Albans district council (SADC), Annie Brewster, apologised for inconvenience but noted that “significant efforts have been made to minimise disruption”.
You may also want to watch:
She suggested learners might want to use Harpenden Swimming Pool instead.
Everyone Active manages Westminster Lodge on behalf on SADC.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25