Pool to close until after Christmas
ONE of the district s busiest swimming pools will be closed from early next month for essential maintenance works to be carried out. Harpenden swimming pool will close from Monday, December 8, until Friday, December 26, reopening the following day. The sp
ONE of the district's busiest swimming pools will be closed from early next month for essential maintenance works to be carried out.
Harpenden swimming pool will close from Monday, December 8, until Friday, December 26, reopening the following day.
The spa and sauna areas will be refurbished, the changing village, poolside and shower area will be deep cleaned and regrouted and improvements will also be made to the air conditioning, the heating system and pool hall lighting.
Cllr Sheila Burton, the council's portfolio holder for sport and healthy living, said: "We are sorry for the disruption that this temporary closure will cause but Leisure Connection and St Albans council have attempted to keep disruption to a minimum by closing during December - one of the quietest periods.
You may also want to watch:
"I hope that people will understand that such a heavily-used facility does need occasional refurbishment work to improve the service that we are able to offer to our customers."
She added: "If people who use Harpenden swimming pool want to continue swimming during the closure, why not try Bricket Wood Sports Centre or Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre."
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Details of opening times at the alternative two pools can be found at www.stalbans.gov.uk and further information can be obtained from Chris Williams, business manager at Harpenden pool, on 01582 460683 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org