Poodle pup mauled to death by Alsatians in Bricket Wood
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking for information about the owner of two dogs that savagely killed a puppy in its garden.
The two dogs, both black and tan Alsatians, managed to get in to the poodle pup’s garden on Jenkins Avenue in Bricket Wood through a small space at the end.
The owner was sitting in the garden when the two dogs broke through and attacked the puppy.
In a bid to save the dog, the owner intervened, and subsequently suffered a wound to her leg that required stitches.
A man believed to be the owner of the Alsatians could be heard in the wooded area at the bottom of the garden yelling for the dogs.
You may also want to watch:
Once the dogs went back into the woodland the man said he would secure them and then return to speak to the victim but he did not come back.
Pc Andrew Shepherd is investigating the incident and said: “The victim has been left absolutely devastated by what has happened. Although she has been lucky not to suffer more serious injuries, her beloved pet was killed.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
“I would urge the person who was in company of the two Alsatians to contact me immediately. Likewise, if anyone believes they know the man’s identity, or who the dogs may belong to, they should contact me straight away.”
Anyone with any information should contact PC Shepherd on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.