Police warning on cash-point robbers
POLICE are urging Harpenden residents to be on their guard following an incident last week when a woman was accosted on the High Street by three strangers. Two men and a girl, all of Eastern European appearance, approached the woman last Wednesday when sh
POLICE are urging Harpenden residents to be on their guard following an incident last week when a woman was accosted on the High Street by three strangers.
Two men and a girl, all of Eastern European appearance, approached the woman last Wednesday when she was using the Barclay's Bank cash point. While the girl asked for directions, one of the men removed the victim's card from the machine, but returned it and fled the scene after the woman challenged him.
Sergeant Lewis Ducket from the Harpenden Neighbourhood Team said: "We would like to remind people to be on their guard when using cash points and to report any suspicious incidents immediately. Be aware of who is around you and do not talk to anyone until you have finished your transaction."
He added: "People should also be on their guard for pickpockets and purse dippers. The run up to Christmas is a busy time and these types of offenders will make the most of any opportunities".
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the Harpenden incident or any similar ones should contact the Harpenden Neighbourhood team on 01727 796127.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions