Police warning on cash-point robbers
POLICE are urging Harpenden residents to be on their guard following an incident last week when a woman was accosted on the High Street by three strangers. Two men and a girl, all of Eastern European appearance, approached the woman last Wednesday when sh
POLICE are urging Harpenden residents to be on their guard following an incident last week when a woman was accosted on the High Street by three strangers.
Two men and a girl, all of Eastern European appearance, approached the woman last Wednesday when she was using the Barclay's Bank cash point. While the girl asked for directions, one of the men removed the victim's card from the machine, but returned it and fled the scene after the woman challenged him.
Sergeant Lewis Ducket from the Harpenden Neighbourhood Team said: "We would like to remind people to be on their guard when using cash points and to report any suspicious incidents immediately. Be aware of who is around you and do not talk to anyone until you have finished your transaction."
He added: "People should also be on their guard for pickpockets and purse dippers. The run up to Christmas is a busy time and these types of offenders will make the most of any opportunities".
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the Harpenden incident or any similar ones should contact the Harpenden Neighbourhood team on 01727 796127.
- 1 St Albans support Asian women through lockdown struggles
- 2 Drive-in cinema, comedy and music coming to Hertfordshire Showground
- 3 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 4 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 5 New community hub set to become a reality at last
- 6 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 7 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Work set to begin on new Clarence Park playground
- 10 St Albans named among UK's million-pound property hotspots