Police update on investigation into murder of Emille Stapleton in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The ongoing investigation into last month’s murder of a 20 year old from St Albans has resulted in further police interviews, but no more charges being laid in relation to the stabbing.
Emille Stapleton was killed after being stabbed during an incident in London Road at about 3.20am on Saturday, October 24.
Since his death, a 26-year-old man from Camden, Paul Crosbie, known locally as ‘Irish’, was charged with murder and has been remanded in custody.
In a statement released today (Tuesday), Herts Police said that detectives from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit investigating Emille’s death have carried out further interviews with 10 people.
The group, interviewed over the past week, includes two teenage girls from St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
However no charges have been laid against them, and all 10 been released on bail to return to a police station in the week commencing December 15.
Among those facing further questioning were:
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
• A 26 year old man from Watford
• Five men from St Albans, aged 19, 22, 24, 26 and 28
• Two 17 year old girls from St Albans
• Two women from St Albans, aged 20 and 26