Police to act on graffiti vandals a month after video appeared on the internet
POLICE say they are on the verge of taking action almost a month after they received a video of vandals spray painting in St Albans Herts Police were sent links to the videos by an angry resident of the Napsbury Park Estate in London Colney nearly a mont
POLICE say they are on the verge of taking action almost a month after they received a video of vandals spray painting in St Albans
Herts Police were sent links to the videos by an angry resident of the Napsbury Park Estate in London Colney nearly a month ago.
It showed teenagers spraying "DXJ" graffiti tags around the estate and around St Albans.
One video also showed the youngsters spraying graffiti around Verulaminum Park and at one point a boy defecates in the River Ver while his friends laugh and film it.
You may also want to watch:
The residents of the estate are certain they know who the identity of one of the people in the video is and told the police.
It followed a "DXJ" graffiti tag appearing on the whitewashed walls of the estate's six-month-old sports pavilion. Local residents could hardly believe it when one of the alleged offenders put his crimes up on the internet to show off.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Two weeks ago a Herts Police spokesperson said that the London Colney Neighbourhood Team had a backlog of work and had not been able to tackle the incident.
However on Friday a Herts police spokesperson confirmed the neighbourhood team were about to speak to someone about the incident.