Police seek witnesses in St Albans
WITNESSES are being sought after a man attempted to use false documents at a mobile phone shop in St Albans.
Police attended the store in The Maltings at around 5.20pm on Friday, July 27, and chased a suspect before arresting a man a short time later.
Officers said there were a number of buses in the area at the time and are asking for passengers to come forward if they have any information.
The buses were the Metro number 84, Uno/Pink number S1 and the Arriva number 300.
A 66-year-old man from Harrow has been released on police bail while investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Herts Police non-emergency 101 number. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital