Police seek sex offender who absconded from St Albans Crown Court
- Credit: Photo supplied
A sex offender who absconded from St Albans Crown Court where he had appeared on charges of indecent assault against a toddler is being urgently sought by police.
Thirty-nine-year-old Ian McDonald, of Hemel Hempstead, who appeared in court today (Thursday), was found guilty of indecently assaulting a three-and-a-half-year-old child in Hemel Hempstead in December 2002.
However before the jury could deliver its verdict, McDonald absconded from court.
The judge sentenced McDonald, in his absence, to four years in prison and he must register as a sex offender for life.
A spokesman for Herts Police said that the service is appealing to members of the public for their help in locating the wanted man.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who knows of McDonald’s whereabouts or believes they have seen him should contact the police immediately via the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy