Police seek cyclist in connection with fatal Redbourn crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging a cyclist who was in the area at the time a 57-year-old man from Redbourn was killed in a crash to come forward.
The accident claimed the life of Mark Greenwood, who collided with a silver VW Golf while cycling along Redbourn Road at around 6.25pm on Thursday, January 9.
Pc Dave Clarke from the Collision Investigation Unit said: “Following an initial appeal about the collision a number of people have contacted us and we are now aware that another cyclist passed Mark prior to the collision.
“This cyclist stopped on Punchbowl Lane to deal with a puncture before going on his way. I would like to appeal to this man, who would not have known the collision occurred, to contact me.”
A 24-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and released on police bail until April 7.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Pc Clarke via the non-emergency 101 number.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Shortages crisis hits district
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25