Police search for owners of property discovered in St Albans flat
POLICE are searching for the owners of property found in a flat in St Albans which has now been demolished. They would like to return the property found under floorboards in a top flat at 224 Hatfield Road in August this year. The items came to the attent
POLICE are searching for the owners of property found in a flat in St Albans which has now been demolished.
They would like to return the property found under floorboards in a top flat at 224 Hatfield Road in August this year.
The items came to the attention of Bedford CID when they were brought into a Bedford town-centre shop to be sold by a third party.
Shop staff called the police because they were unable to verify the ownership of the items and detectives have retained them in an effort to reunite them with their owner.
But all efforts so far have drawn a blank and now police are making a public appeal for anyone who lived at the top of the flats in Hatfield Road and may have put something under the boards for safe keeping.
DC Mark Stewart said: "When they moved out, they appear to have forgotten to take the items along and although we've tried to trace the tenants that may have lived there, this has proved impossible so far.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
"We'd like to hear from anyone who lived there or knows someone who did to see if we can get these items back to their owner."
Anyone who can help should contact DC Stewart direct on 01234 275142 or via firstname.lastname@example.org