Police release more CCTV images following St Albans assault
- Credit: Images supplied
DETECTIVES investigating a vicious assault in St Albans city centre have released new CCTV images to help locate those responsible for leaving a 28 year old with head injuries.
The man was hospitalised after being attacked on Friday, December 21, on St Peter’s Street between 2.20am and 2.30am by a group of men near Subway.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said: “The altercation continued along St Peter’s Street, with the man being assaulted by members of the offending group.
“Some passersby intervened and took the man away from the group, however the man was then been approached by two men, believed to be from the original group, who then further assaulted him.”
DC Andrew Yuill from the local crime unit in St Albans, investigating, added: “We have made a number of appeals for information and released numerous CCTV images of people we would like to speak with as part of our inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“I am asking people to look closely at these latest images and contact me if you recognise the person pictured.
“I would also like to once again appeal for anyone who knows who was responsible to contact police or Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 8 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
Anyone with information should contact DC Yuill via non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.