Police release images of stabbing suspects
POLICE have released images of two people wanted in connection with a stabbing in St Albans on Friday (May 11).
The attack occured at around 4.15pm, at The Quadrant shopping parade in Marshalswick.
A man in his 30s returned to his van in Wycombe Way when he was approached and stabbed in the chest as he sat in the driver’s seat.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and since been released following treatment.
It is believed the incident was a targeted attack.
You may also want to watch:
The two people police would like to speak to are in connection with the investigation are:
Frank Varey, 32, from Lancashire and 29-year-old Louise Varey, from Caddington in Bedfordshire. She is also known as Louise Best or Julie Best.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
Since the photographs were taken, Frank is believed to have dyed his hair very blond in the week prior to the incident. However, he could now have washed this dye out, and his facial hair may be shaved off or be more trimmed.
Louise is believed to have dyed her hair jet black prior to the incident, and wears it long and straight.
The couple left the scene in a silver Vauxhall Insignia registration LM12OJG.
Detective Sergeant Dan Stoddart from the Local Crime Unit at St Albans police station said: “Following our initial inquiries we are now in a position to name the suspects we want to speak with. We are appealing to members of the public who see Frank or Louise to contact us with information on their whereabouts. They have links to Blackburn, Hampshire and Dorset. I would also like to trace the silver Vauxhall Insignia registration LM12OJG”
“I would also like to speak with anyone who was in the area of The Quadrant in St Albans at the time of the attack and hasn’t already spoken with officers to contact police.”
If you have any information, please contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101 and ask to speak to the St Albans Local Crime Unit. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.