Police release images of stabbing suspects
POLICE have released images of two people wanted in connection with a stabbing in St Albans on Friday (May 11).
The attack occured at around 4.15pm, at The Quadrant shopping parade in Marshalswick.
A man in his 30s returned to his van in Wycombe Way when he was approached and stabbed in the chest as he sat in the driver’s seat.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition and since been released following treatment.
It is believed the incident was a targeted attack.
The two people police would like to speak to are in connection with the investigation are:
Frank Varey, 32, from Lancashire and 29-year-old Louise Varey, from Caddington in Bedfordshire. She is also known as Louise Best or Julie Best.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
Since the photographs were taken, Frank is believed to have dyed his hair very blond in the week prior to the incident. However, he could now have washed this dye out, and his facial hair may be shaved off or be more trimmed.
Louise is believed to have dyed her hair jet black prior to the incident, and wears it long and straight.
The couple left the scene in a silver Vauxhall Insignia registration LM12OJG.
Detective Sergeant Dan Stoddart from the Local Crime Unit at St Albans police station said: “Following our initial inquiries we are now in a position to name the suspects we want to speak with. We are appealing to members of the public who see Frank or Louise to contact us with information on their whereabouts. They have links to Blackburn, Hampshire and Dorset. I would also like to trace the silver Vauxhall Insignia registration LM12OJG”
“I would also like to speak with anyone who was in the area of The Quadrant in St Albans at the time of the attack and hasn’t already spoken with officers to contact police.”
If you have any information, please contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101 and ask to speak to the St Albans Local Crime Unit. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.