Police release e-fit of St Albans burglary suspect
OFFICERS investigating an attempted burglary in St Albans have issued an e-fit of a man they believe may be involved.
Two men tried but failed to gain entry to a house in Pinewood Close through a rear window just after 11am on Tuesday, September 14.
They were described as white, aged between 35 and 40, and both had heavy builds.
The man pictured was said to be around 5ft 8ins tall and was wearing a light blue v-neck long sleeved top which was either a thick cotton or fleece material.
The second man was described as approximately 5ft tall with a large stomach, black cropped hair and was wearing a black long sleeved t-shirt with blue stonewashed denim jeans and black trainers.
Dc Wendy Tomlinson from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans said: “We are releasing this image to the public so that we can identify one of the suspects. Did you see this man running from the scene or acting suspiciously in the area that day? Do you recognise him from the reconstruction? If you have any information which may help our enquiry, no matter how small you think it may be, please call police as soon as possible. We are very keen to speak with this man.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment