Police release CCTV images after man attacked by St Albans gang
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of men they wish to speak to in connection with an assault in St Albans, where a man suffered serious facial injuries after being ganged up on.
The victim, who is in his 40s, was first attacked in George Street just after 9.30pm after he left Dylan’s restaurant on Friday, June 30.
He was then attacked a second time in Spicer Street.
Police believe the two assaults are linked.
PC Lotty Line said: “This was a seemingly unprovoked attack on a man which has left him with serious visible facial injuries.
“He was understandably shaken by the incident, and he has been unable to go to work since.
“We rarely get stranger assaults in Hertfordshire and especially not in St Albans. Please be assured, we are doing everything we can to trace the offenders.”
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 4 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 5 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 6 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
Police are tracing a man from CCTV and have asked anyone with any information to call 101, quoting reference number F1/17/3110.