Police officers investigated over Nickey Line incident in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two police officers are facing misconduct hearings following an investigation into an incident where a teenager suffered injuries on the Nickey Line.
Following a complaint, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has examined the actions of both officers who responded to an incident in which a 15 year old boy suffered serious injuries after an altercation on a moped on July 16 last year.
The investigator’s report has recommended to Herts Police that both officers, Pc Stuart Francis and Pc Rishi Patel, face a misconduct hearing, to which the force has agreed.
According to Herts Police, the incident attended by the officers involved an injured boy on the Nickey Line - a disused railway line in St Albans. Both officers are alleged to have used unnecessary and or inappropriate force on the injured teenager, and subsequently of allegedly providing “dishonest and or misleading accounts of their actions in statements and interviews.
“Additionally it is alleged that Pc Francis failed to treat the male with respect and or courtesy.”
You may also want to watch:
Pc Francis will face an allegation of breaching the standards of professional behaviour in relation to honesty and integrity, authority respect and courtesy, and use of force.
His fellow officer, Pc Patel, has been accused of breaching the standards of professional behaviour in relation to honesty and integrity, and use of force.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
The four-day misconduct hearing, in Hatfield, ends this Friday (3).