Police offer reward and release image of suspect after armed robberies
- Credit: Archant
A REWARD has been offered and a CCTV image issued of a man wanted in connection with a series of armed robberies including one in Harpenden.
The Association of British Bookmakers has offered a reward of up to £10,000 for any information which leads to the arrest and prosecution of the man who is believed to have carried out eight robberies at bookmakers between February and March this year.
One was at Ladbrokes in Harding Place, Harpenden, at around 8.45pm on Saturday, February 23, when a man handed the cashier a white carrier bag and demanded money before leaving with a quantity of cash.
At other robberies in Northants, West Sussex and Leicestershire, staff were threatened with what appeared to be a gun.
The robber is described as black, between 5ft 5ins tall, possibly in his late 30s or early 40s and wearing a black hooded top during seven out of eight of the robberies. He has also been seen wearing a black hat with a scarf covering his face and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him is asked to contact Northants Police on 101 and quote Operation Needle.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'