Police offer reward and release image of suspect after armed robberies
- Credit: Archant
A REWARD has been offered and a CCTV image issued of a man wanted in connection with a series of armed robberies including one in Harpenden.
The Association of British Bookmakers has offered a reward of up to £10,000 for any information which leads to the arrest and prosecution of the man who is believed to have carried out eight robberies at bookmakers between February and March this year.
One was at Ladbrokes in Harding Place, Harpenden, at around 8.45pm on Saturday, February 23, when a man handed the cashier a white carrier bag and demanded money before leaving with a quantity of cash.
At other robberies in Northants, West Sussex and Leicestershire, staff were threatened with what appeared to be a gun.
The robber is described as black, between 5ft 5ins tall, possibly in his late 30s or early 40s and wearing a black hooded top during seven out of eight of the robberies. He has also been seen wearing a black hat with a scarf covering his face and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him is asked to contact Northants Police on 101 and quote Operation Needle.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years