Police launch appeal following St Albans jewellery theft
JEWELLERY thieves who stole rings, a pendant and a bracelet from a shop in St Albans last Saturday are being hunted by police. The four offenders, three men and a woman, entered Kingshill Jewellers in the Market Place at around 11.40am on Saturday and whi
JEWELLERY thieves who stole rings, a pendant and a bracelet from a shop in St Albans last Saturday are being hunted by police.
The four offenders, three men and a woman, entered Kingshill Jewellers in the Market Place at around 11.40am on Saturday and while two of the men distracted shop staff, the other couple opened a front cabinet and removed up to �2,000 worth of jewellery.
Both couples then left the store at around 12.05pm with three rings - an 18ct yellow gold bow-shaped diamond-encrusted ring, an 18ct yellow gold diamond ring with two inset diamonds set into white gold and an 18ct yellow gold pear-shaped diamond ring with two diamonds either side, plus a sovereign pendant and a yellow gold and diamond bracelet.
Police have released CCTV images of the four offenders and investigating officer PC Shaun Woods said: "I would like to speak to anyone who recognises those pictured as we believe they could help us with information that could prove crucial to our investigation."
Anyone with information should either contact Shaun via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023