Tomb desecrated at St Albans cemetery
- Credit: Archant
A tomb has been damaged in Hatfield Road Cemetery.
Police were called to the scene just before 2pm on Monday following reports of criminal damage and discovered the tomb had been desecrated.
The scene was protected overnight while permission was gained from the Ministry of Justice to investigate at the cemetery.
Det Sgt Paul Wadsworth said: “We are appealing for witnesses and information into this incident.
“Did you see anything out of the ordinary in the cemetery on Sunday September 13 or Monday September 14?
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact police via 101 quoting reference 41/73721/20.
Officers are working with St Albans district council and the cemetery remains open.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid