Tomb desecrated at St Albans cemetery
- Credit: Archant
A tomb has been damaged in Hatfield Road Cemetery.
Police were called to the scene just before 2pm on Monday following reports of criminal damage and discovered the tomb had been desecrated.
The scene was protected overnight while permission was gained from the Ministry of Justice to investigate at the cemetery.
Det Sgt Paul Wadsworth said: “We are appealing for witnesses and information into this incident.
“Did you see anything out of the ordinary in the cemetery on Sunday September 13 or Monday September 14?
“Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact police via 101 quoting reference 41/73721/20.
Officers are working with St Albans district council and the cemetery remains open.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school