Police investigate suspicious incident in Radlett
POLICE are investigating reports of a suspicious incident involving a child in Radlett yesterday (Thursday) morning.
Police were called at 10.20am following the alleged incident, which happened in Battlers Green Drive at 8.50am.
An 11-year-old boy is said to have been approached in an alleyway by a woman who is alleged to have briefly held onto his arm. The boy ran off and was not injured.
Herts Police officers are investiagting the report fully but have stressed that, at this time, the incident is being treated as common assault and not an attempted abduction.
If anyone was in the area at the time and believes they witnessed what happened they are asked to contact the Borehamwood Local Crime Unit via the non-emergency number 101.
While police have said there is no need to be unduely concerned, they have issued the following safety advice:
* Never accept a lift, or any gifts or sweets, from strangers
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
* Stick to busy areas
* Avoid short cuts through quiet, unlit, secluded or wooded areas and alleyways
* Try to keep with friends rather than walk alone
* Make sure someone knows where you are going and tell them when you’ve arrived
* If you believe someone is following you, go to the nearest busy place, such as a petrol station
* Take a mobile phone with you if you have one