Police hunt for Park Street 80-year-old’s stolen accordions
- Credit: Archant
Five distinctive accordions were stolen from a house in Park Street on Wednesday.
Police are appealing for information after the musical instruments, which belong to an 80 year old man, were pinched from Orchard Drive between 2.30pm and 10.45pm.
Thieves are thought to have broken into a conservatory at the back of the home and left through a side door with the stolen items.
Two of the instruments were made by Hohner - a Musette and an Atlantic.
One accordian was made by Scarlatti, while another was crafted by Casali Verona and the fifth made by Geraldo.
Assistant Investigator Nina Garrard, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “This burglary has left an elderly gentleman deprived of his much-loved musical instruments.
“I’m keen to speak to anyone who knows anything about it. In particular, I would like to speak to anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time, anyone who has seen these accordions since Wednesday or anyone who has been offered them for sale.”
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
Anyone with information should contact police on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.