Police hunt for Park Street 80-year-old’s stolen accordions
- Credit: Archant
Five distinctive accordions were stolen from a house in Park Street on Wednesday.
Police are appealing for information after the musical instruments, which belong to an 80 year old man, were pinched from Orchard Drive between 2.30pm and 10.45pm.
Thieves are thought to have broken into a conservatory at the back of the home and left through a side door with the stolen items.
Two of the instruments were made by Hohner - a Musette and an Atlantic.
One accordian was made by Scarlatti, while another was crafted by Casali Verona and the fifth made by Geraldo.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Investigator Nina Garrard, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “This burglary has left an elderly gentleman deprived of his much-loved musical instruments.
“I’m keen to speak to anyone who knows anything about it. In particular, I would like to speak to anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time, anyone who has seen these accordions since Wednesday or anyone who has been offered them for sale.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Anyone with information should contact police on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.