Police hunt after Harpenden attack by man in make-up
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a make-up wearing man who punched another man outside the Amble Inn pub in Harpenden last month.
A driver was at a set of Station Road traffic lights on September 29 when the man, and his friend who was wearing a pink wig, shouted abuse at him and his girlfriend.
The 19-year-old victim then stopped his car and got into an altercation with the pair and was punched in the jaw.
The man police are looking for is thought to be white, with short brown hair, and aged between 24 to 28.
He was wearing a grey tracksuit and make-up and was also with a woman, as well as his friend in a pink wig.
You may also want to watch:
PC Lee Osborne said: “The driver had extensive bruising to the side of his chin which required hospital treatment.
“They were also shouting abuse at other motorists around 2pm. This kind of aggressive and violent behaviour will not be tolerated in Harpenden.”
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.