Police hunt after Harpenden attack by man in make-up
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a make-up wearing man who punched another man outside the Amble Inn pub in Harpenden last month.
A driver was at a set of Station Road traffic lights on September 29 when the man, and his friend who was wearing a pink wig, shouted abuse at him and his girlfriend.
The 19-year-old victim then stopped his car and got into an altercation with the pair and was punched in the jaw.
The man police are looking for is thought to be white, with short brown hair, and aged between 24 to 28.
He was wearing a grey tracksuit and make-up and was also with a woman, as well as his friend in a pink wig.
PC Lee Osborne said: “The driver had extensive bruising to the side of his chin which required hospital treatment.
“They were also shouting abuse at other motorists around 2pm. This kind of aggressive and violent behaviour will not be tolerated in Harpenden.”
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.