Police hunt after Harpenden attack by man in make-up
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a make-up wearing man who punched another man outside the Amble Inn pub in Harpenden last month.
A driver was at a set of Station Road traffic lights on September 29 when the man, and his friend who was wearing a pink wig, shouted abuse at him and his girlfriend.
The 19-year-old victim then stopped his car and got into an altercation with the pair and was punched in the jaw.
The man police are looking for is thought to be white, with short brown hair, and aged between 24 to 28.
He was wearing a grey tracksuit and make-up and was also with a woman, as well as his friend in a pink wig.
You may also want to watch:
PC Lee Osborne said: “The driver had extensive bruising to the side of his chin which required hospital treatment.
“They were also shouting abuse at other motorists around 2pm. This kind of aggressive and violent behaviour will not be tolerated in Harpenden.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.