Burglar steals whisky from St Albans shop
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with a burglary in St Albans.
A burglar damaged the front of Ray’s News in Sutton Road to break into the shop between 2.20am and 2.30am on Thursday, August 24.
Once inside, the burglar took several bottles of whisky.
PC Jenna Hutchinson, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anybody who believes they saw or heard anything suspicious around the newsagents to contact me.
“If you recognise the man in the images please get in touch as you may have information that could assist our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m also appealing for the driver of a green vehicle, which was travelling in the area around the time of the incident, and may have seen the offender or witnessed the incident to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Jenna Hutchinson via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/4048 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters