Burglar steals whisky from St Albans shop
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with a burglary in St Albans.
A burglar damaged the front of Ray’s News in Sutton Road to break into the shop between 2.20am and 2.30am on Thursday, August 24.
Once inside, the burglar took several bottles of whisky.
PC Jenna Hutchinson, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anybody who believes they saw or heard anything suspicious around the newsagents to contact me.
“If you recognise the man in the images please get in touch as you may have information that could assist our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m also appealing for the driver of a green vehicle, which was travelling in the area around the time of the incident, and may have seen the offender or witnessed the incident to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Jenna Hutchinson via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/4048 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land