Police dog helps foil burglary in Park Street
- Credit: Archant
A police dog tracked a suspect into a wooded area after a burglary in Park Street.
Police were called at 4.07am on Friday, August 31, after a man was seen smashing a window to break into a house on Birchwood Way.
Officers attended alongside the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Dog Unit.
One suspect was caught at the scene while two others ran off. They were tracked by police dog Sia, who followed them into a wooded area, and were then arrested.
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of burglary: a 21-year-old woman from Park Street, and a 33-year-old man and a 36-year-old man from Watford.
You may also want to watch:
All three suspects have been bailed.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space