Police dog helps foil burglary in Park Street
- Credit: Archant
A police dog tracked a suspect into a wooded area after a burglary in Park Street.
Police were called at 4.07am on Friday, August 31, after a man was seen smashing a window to break into a house on Birchwood Way.
Officers attended alongside the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Dog Unit.
One suspect was caught at the scene while two others ran off. They were tracked by police dog Sia, who followed them into a wooded area, and were then arrested.
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of burglary: a 21-year-old woman from Park Street, and a 33-year-old man and a 36-year-old man from Watford.
You may also want to watch:
All three suspects have been bailed.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans