Fast-acting police make arrest 3 minutes after St Albans car theft
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested a man on suspicion of stealing a car in St Albans three minutes after it was taken.
Officers made the arrest on Wednesday morning.
The owner was disturbed just before 3am in Beaumont Avenue and quickly alerted police as she watched her Volvo XC90 being driven away.
Three minutes later, a man was arrested in Drakes Drive at the junction with London Road.
St Albans Detective Inspector Alex Warwick said: “This was a keyless theft following a trend where offenders are using sophisticated devices to open and start vehicles.
“I am really pleased that due to the victim’s quick thinking and officers’ swift response, we were able to reunite her with her car.”
Please remember to keep your car and house keys away from your front door, look out for your neighbours and report any suspected crimes in progress on 999.“
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
•Vidmantas Bagdonas, 29, of Newton Street in Southport, Merseyside, has been charged with theft of a motor vehicle and having no insurance.
He is due to attend Central West Herts magistrates Court on April 24, 2018.