Police continue appeal for witnesses to Harpenden fatality
- Credit: Archant
WITNESSES are still being sought in relation to an accident which saw a motorcyclist killed.
The accident occurred at around 10.50am on Tuesday on the A1081 Luton Road at the junction with Kinsbourne Green Lane.
A blue Ford Transit, which was emerging from Kinsbourne Green Lane onto Luton Road, and a black Aprilia motorbike, which was travelling north on Luton Road, collided.
The motorcyclist, a 46-year-old man from Luton, suffered fatal injuries as a result of the collision and was pronounced dead at the scene. The road did not reopen until mid afternoon.
Police have appealed for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Crash investigation officer Sgt Richard Cruse said: “I would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident but not yet been spoken to by police.
“Anyone with information about the incident should contact me in the Collision Investigation Unit on the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report