Police continue appeal for witnesses to Harpenden fatality
- Credit: Archant
WITNESSES are still being sought in relation to an accident which saw a motorcyclist killed.
The accident occurred at around 10.50am on Tuesday on the A1081 Luton Road at the junction with Kinsbourne Green Lane.
A blue Ford Transit, which was emerging from Kinsbourne Green Lane onto Luton Road, and a black Aprilia motorbike, which was travelling north on Luton Road, collided.
The motorcyclist, a 46-year-old man from Luton, suffered fatal injuries as a result of the collision and was pronounced dead at the scene. The road did not reopen until mid afternoon.
Police have appealed for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Crash investigation officer Sgt Richard Cruse said: “I would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident but not yet been spoken to by police.
“Anyone with information about the incident should contact me in the Collision Investigation Unit on the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success