Three people in stolen vehicle arrested in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A stolen car was stopped by police after it hit an automatic number plate recognition camera in Harpenden.
A blue Vauxhall Zafira, which had been stolen from Chapel Street in Luton, hit an ANPR camera in High Street shortly after 6pm on Wednesday, February 6.
Police officers attended and stopped the vehicle.
Three people inside were arrested and the vehicle was recovered by police.
Jason Morrin, 39, of Downs Road, Luton, has been charged with driving while disqualified, possession of a knife and theft of a motor vehicle, and will appear at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old woman from St Albans was arrested on suspicion of taking a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent and going equipped to steal. Following enquiries she was released with no further action.
A 33-year-old man from Luton was also arrested on suspicion of the same charges, but was released with no further action.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind