Men arrested for thefts and burglaries in St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested last night for thefts, burglaries and interfering with cars in St Albans and Harpenden.
A St Albans resident spotted a man trying to break into homes in Gabriel Square, off London Road, and detained him until police arrived and arrested him just before midnight.
Last night police arrested a 29-year-old man of no fixed address and charged him with four attempted burglaries in Gabriel Square.
He was also charged with a burglary at the Salvation Army in Luton in November, where sacks of Christmas presents were stolen, and is currently in police custody.
A 44-year-old man from Luton was arrested for theft of Sat Navs in Harpenden, and is in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Mark Akinyemi, 34, of no fixed abode, was sentenced to 12 weeks imprisonment today at Hatfield Remand Court for shoplifting in Marks and Spencer, theft from a motor vehicle in Holywell Hill and vehicle interference in Croxley Green.
Neighbourhood inspector Andy Wiseman said: “We’d like to hear from anyone who believes they may have had property stolen from their vehicle in Harpenden. Please call 101 or report online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order