Police arrest four men in Harpenden after car chase
- Credit: supplied
Four men have this afternoon (Friday) been arrested on suspicion of burglary, after police chased a vehicle through Harpenden.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police has released a statement saying that officers went to a property on West Common Way in Harpenden at 12.50pm following reports of an alleged burglary.
She said: “A dark blue Audi was seen leaving the address which police pursued before it collided with a hedgerow on Station Road at the junction with Coldharbour Lane.
“Four men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and are currently in police custody. As this is an on-going investigation, it would be inappropriate for us to comment any further at this time.”
Residents have been commenting on social media, and contacted the Herts Advertiser after seeing a police chase in the town at about 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
One person reported seeing several police cars pursuing a vehicle, which later had a collision.
And a local woman, who did not want to be named, said: “We heard a lot of sirens, and saw a car coming out of Coldharbour Lane being chased by about seven police cars. There was also a police helicopter.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
There was no further information available from the Herts Police as of 5pm.