Police arrest four men in Harpenden after car chase
- Credit: supplied
Four men have this afternoon (Friday) been arrested on suspicion of burglary, after police chased a vehicle through Harpenden.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police has released a statement saying that officers went to a property on West Common Way in Harpenden at 12.50pm following reports of an alleged burglary.
She said: “A dark blue Audi was seen leaving the address which police pursued before it collided with a hedgerow on Station Road at the junction with Coldharbour Lane.
“Four men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and are currently in police custody. As this is an on-going investigation, it would be inappropriate for us to comment any further at this time.”
Residents have been commenting on social media, and contacted the Herts Advertiser after seeing a police chase in the town at about 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
One person reported seeing several police cars pursuing a vehicle, which later had a collision.
And a local woman, who did not want to be named, said: “We heard a lot of sirens, and saw a car coming out of Coldharbour Lane being chased by about seven police cars. There was also a police helicopter.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
There was no further information available from the Herts Police as of 5pm.