Police arrest four men in Harpenden after car chase
- Credit: supplied
Four men have this afternoon (Friday) been arrested on suspicion of burglary, after police chased a vehicle through Harpenden.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police has released a statement saying that officers went to a property on West Common Way in Harpenden at 12.50pm following reports of an alleged burglary.
She said: “A dark blue Audi was seen leaving the address which police pursued before it collided with a hedgerow on Station Road at the junction with Coldharbour Lane.
“Four men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and are currently in police custody. As this is an on-going investigation, it would be inappropriate for us to comment any further at this time.”
Residents have been commenting on social media, and contacted the Herts Advertiser after seeing a police chase in the town at about 1pm.
One person reported seeing several police cars pursuing a vehicle, which later had a collision.
And a local woman, who did not want to be named, said: “We heard a lot of sirens, and saw a car coming out of Coldharbour Lane being chased by about seven police cars. There was also a police helicopter.”
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
- 9 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
There was no further information available from the Herts Police as of 5pm.