Police arrest four men in Harpenden after car chase
- Credit: supplied
Four men have this afternoon (Friday) been arrested on suspicion of burglary, after police chased a vehicle through Harpenden.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police has released a statement saying that officers went to a property on West Common Way in Harpenden at 12.50pm following reports of an alleged burglary.
She said: “A dark blue Audi was seen leaving the address which police pursued before it collided with a hedgerow on Station Road at the junction with Coldharbour Lane.
“Four men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and are currently in police custody. As this is an on-going investigation, it would be inappropriate for us to comment any further at this time.”
Residents have been commenting on social media, and contacted the Herts Advertiser after seeing a police chase in the town at about 1pm.
One person reported seeing several police cars pursuing a vehicle, which later had a collision.
And a local woman, who did not want to be named, said: “We heard a lot of sirens, and saw a car coming out of Coldharbour Lane being chased by about seven police cars. There was also a police helicopter.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat
There was no further information available from the Herts Police as of 5pm.