Police appeal to trace stolen Harpenden jewellery
- Credit: Archant
Police are hoping details of jewellery stolen during a Harpenden burglary will prompt information on the thieves.
The break-in took place in Station Road between 9.30pm on December 22 and 1.30pm on December 28th, after thieves gained access to the property via a rear window.
Items stolen included a white gold wedding band, with five or six diamonds spread evenly around in a zigzag pattern and with an engraving of ‘D&K’ and a date; a 21 carat yellow gold chain necklace in a blue box; a white gold eternity ring, with five or six square cut diamonds; and a white gold engagement band, with yellow gold inset for the diamond, which is tarnished with an air bubble on the back of the diamond setting.
Investigating officer Det Con Paul Cullinan said: “The jewellery taken is of great sentimental value to the victims of this burglary. It is also quite distinctive, particularly the wedding and engagement bands. I would appeal to anyone who knows of the items’ whereabouts, or has been offered them for sale, to contact me immediately.
“Equally, I would ask that if anyone saw anything suspicious in the area between the Sunday and Saturday to contact me as they could have information that could assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Cullinan via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, citing crime reference number F2/13/1640. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area