Police appeal to motorists after spate of thefts in the St Albans district
A SPATE of thefts from vehicles in the district has prompted an appeal from police to motorists. Six cars have been broken into in the past few weeks including a silver Nissan in Waverley Road, St Albans, on Monday afternoon and a blue Ford Galaxy in Ram
A SPATE of thefts from vehicles in the district has prompted an appeal from police to motorists.
Six cars have been broken into in the past few weeks including a silver Nissan in Waverley Road, St Albans, on Monday afternoon and a blue Ford Galaxy in Ramsey Close, St Albans, later that evening.
A white Mercedes was targeted in Piggotshill Lane, Harpenden, during the day on Sunday and two other vehicles, a purple Honda CRV on a driveway in Newfield Way, Tyttenhanger, and a silver Citroen van outside a house in Down Edge, Redbourn, were broken into some time over last weekend.
On each occasion something was stolen from the vehicles including a number of items of electrical equipment from the Mercedes.
You may also want to watch:
Said Pc Drew Pavitt from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team: "It only takes a few moments to remove property left visible in your car and to make sure that the vehicle is locked and secure but it can take a long time to replace stolen items.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge