Police appeal to motorists after spate of thefts in the St Albans district
A SPATE of thefts from vehicles in the district has prompted an appeal from police to motorists. Six cars have been broken into in the past few weeks including a silver Nissan in Waverley Road, St Albans, on Monday afternoon and a blue Ford Galaxy in Ram
A SPATE of thefts from vehicles in the district has prompted an appeal from police to motorists.
Six cars have been broken into in the past few weeks including a silver Nissan in Waverley Road, St Albans, on Monday afternoon and a blue Ford Galaxy in Ramsey Close, St Albans, later that evening.
A white Mercedes was targeted in Piggotshill Lane, Harpenden, during the day on Sunday and two other vehicles, a purple Honda CRV on a driveway in Newfield Way, Tyttenhanger, and a silver Citroen van outside a house in Down Edge, Redbourn, were broken into some time over last weekend.
On each occasion something was stolen from the vehicles including a number of items of electrical equipment from the Mercedes.
You may also want to watch:
Said Pc Drew Pavitt from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team: "It only takes a few moments to remove property left visible in your car and to make sure that the vehicle is locked and secure but it can take a long time to replace stolen items.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier