Police appeal for witnesses of purse theft in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after an elderly woman had her purse stolen while shopping.
The 80 year old woman was targeted by a man in his 20s at the Harpenden branch of Sainsbury’s on June 2.
While the woman was distracted, a white man described as 6ft 2, slim and bald, stole the purse out of her handbag on the trolley.
He was said to be wearing blue jeans, a black coat, white trainers and black sunglasses.
The man then met up with a second man, before walking down the High Street and past the Harpenden Arms.
You may also want to watch:
The second man has been described as 5ft 10, with short black hair, wearing a dark jacket and jeans. PC Mark Smith, said:
“It is particularly distressing when the elderly and vulnerable are targeted by offenders and so I would urge anyone who believes they know the identity of either man to contact me straight away.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
It is believed the men had come from the direction of Leyton Road, and the second man was sitting outside Sainsbury’s while the first man entered the store.
Anyone with information should contact the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.