Woman knocked unconscious in assault in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was punched in the face and knocked out in St Albans.
A woman in her 20s got into a verbal argument with a man near the Victoria Street entrance to the Maltings car park at around 1.30am on Saturday, April 7.
He punched her in the face, knocking her unconscious and leaving her with two chipped teeth and cuts and grazes to her chin.
After the assault the man walked away towards the town centre.
A 28-year-old man from High Barnet has been arrested in connection with the incident and has been released on police bail while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
PC Darren Lomax, who is investigating, said: “Due to the proximity of local pubs and clubs there would have been a number of people around at the time who may have witnessed the incident or events leading up to it.
“If you have any information, please get in contact.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Lomax on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/18/1603. You can also report information online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.