Police appeal for witnesses after attempted St Albans robbery
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses and information are being sought by police as they hunt for two teenagers who tried to rob a 38-year-old man in St Albans.
The man was approached by the teenagers at around 9.05pm on January 29 while he was walking along Old London Road towards Sopwell Lane.
They were walking in the opposite direction but turned to follow the victim before cornering him in Sopwell Lane and demanding he hand over property.
He managed to run away and was followed for a short time before the pair, described as two black males in their mid to late teens and of a slim build, walked off towards Cottonmill Lane.
Det Con Paul Cullinan said: “Firstly I would like to make a direct appeal to a woman who is not involved in the incident but stopped to check the victim was ok directly after.
“The only description of the lady that we have is that she had shoulder length blonde hair. If this was you please contact me.
“I would also appeal to anyone else was in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious to call with information.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Anyone with information should contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.