Police appeal for victim of St Albans bike wheel theft to come forward
- Credit: Archant
Is this bike, which was locked to a lamppost in St Albans, your property?
A man was captured on CCTV removing the wheels from this white mountain bike while it was locked up outside the Waterend Barn pub at 10.30pm on March 14.
Cameras later caught another man going over to the bike and examining it, before unlocking it and carrying it away.
Herts police officers are trying to trace the victim so they can progress with their investigation.
PC Lee Hammond said: “We are keen to identify the victim so that we can progress this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We also ask any witnesses of the theft to please come forward.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans