Police appeal for victim of St Albans bike wheel theft to come forward
- Credit: Archant
Is this bike, which was locked to a lamppost in St Albans, your property?
A man was captured on CCTV removing the wheels from this white mountain bike while it was locked up outside the Waterend Barn pub at 10.30pm on March 14.
Cameras later caught another man going over to the bike and examining it, before unlocking it and carrying it away.
Herts police officers are trying to trace the victim so they can progress with their investigation.
PC Lee Hammond said: “We are keen to identify the victim so that we can progress this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We also ask any witnesses of the theft to please come forward.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25