18-year-old suffers ‘nasty injuries’ after assault in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an incident of ABH (actual bodily harm) in St Albans.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, was assaulted as he walked down London Road with a female friend at 4.35am on Saturday, March 24.
A car slowed alongside them, and three or four white men inside the car shouted verbal abuse at the pair. The victim asked the men to go away, but the occupants got out of the car and attacked him.
He suffered wounds to his head and right ear that required hospital treatment. He is now recovering at home.
PC James Irlen, who is investigating, said: “The victim was walking his friend home after a night out to make sure she was safe when he was set upon in this sickening attack.
“He has suffered some really nasty injuries and I want to reassure him that we are doing all we can to try and trace those responsible.
“I would also like to reassure the community that this type of incident is unusual in St Albans.
- 1 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 9 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 10 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
“I am eager to hear from any member of the public who was driving or walking by and may have passed the altercation as it was happening.”
If you witnessed what happened, or have any further information that could assist the investigation, please email email@example.com, report information online at www.herts.police.uk/report or call 101, quoting crime reference number F1/18/1350.