Police appeal following St Albans burglary
JEWELLERY, electrical items and a purse were stolen in a recent burglary in St Albans.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after the break-in at a house in Clarence Road on Wednesday, January 26.
The culprits forced their way into the property via the front door between 8.25am and 1.15pm and after carrying out a search they made off with a number of items through an alleyway at the side of the property.
Two laptops, a digital camera, a PlayStation 3 and games, a purse and a number jewellery items were stolen.
Dc Louise Burns is investigating and said: “This incident occurred during daylight hours in a fairly busy residential area. We believe the offenders kicked the front door in order to gain entry to the property and made off with a large number of items.
You may also want to watch:
“Did you hear the offenders or see them making off from the scene? If you have any information which you think may assist the investigation, please call me via the non-emergency number, 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared