Police appeal following Smallford road death
A PEDESTRIAN died following a road accident in Smallford on Sunday morning.
The 29-year-old from the St Albans area was in collision with a white Toyota Previa along Hatfield Road at around 2am.
He was taken to the QE11 hospital where he later died of his injuries.
Pc Matt Hollingsworth is investigating the circumstances of the collision and said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this difficult time.
“The collision occurred near to Notcutts Nursery on the Hatfield Road and although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On arrival, the man was being cared for by members of the public who stopped to give aid to the injured man. Paramedics treated and stabilised the patient at the roadside before he was taken to the QE11 Hospital in Welwyn Garden City where sadly he died. Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 4 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 6 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 10 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
Anyone who can help should call the Road Crash Investigation Unit via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
No arrests have been made in connection with this incident.