Police appeal following Harpenden burglary
TWO men have been arrested following a burglary in Harpenden yesterday (May 28).
The incident happened shortly after 12.30pm, at a property in Breadcroft Lane, off Cornwall Road.
Two young men were seen to run from a driveway and get into a blue Vauxhall Omega before driving off.
Soon after, marked police cars attempted to stop the car, which drove off and was involved in a collision in Ladies Grove, off Batchwood Drive, St Albans. Three men were seen to leave the car and a short time later, two men were arrested.
Det Sgt Dan Stoddart from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Cornwall Road, Harpenden at around 12.30pm to contact me if they have any information which would assist my investigation.
“I am particularly keen to trace a possible witness seen on CCTV. She was a young white woman who was pushing a child’s buggy across Cornwall Road as the two suspects ran in front of her.
“I would also like to hear from anyone else who believes they can assist our investigation.”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 7 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Herts Police via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.