Police appeal following Harpenden burglary
TWO men have been arrested following a burglary in Harpenden yesterday (May 28).
The incident happened shortly after 12.30pm, at a property in Breadcroft Lane, off Cornwall Road.
Two young men were seen to run from a driveway and get into a blue Vauxhall Omega before driving off.
Soon after, marked police cars attempted to stop the car, which drove off and was involved in a collision in Ladies Grove, off Batchwood Drive, St Albans. Three men were seen to leave the car and a short time later, two men were arrested.
Det Sgt Dan Stoddart from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Cornwall Road, Harpenden at around 12.30pm to contact me if they have any information which would assist my investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“I am particularly keen to trace a possible witness seen on CCTV. She was a young white woman who was pushing a child’s buggy across Cornwall Road as the two suspects ran in front of her.
“I would also like to hear from anyone else who believes they can assist our investigation.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Herts Police via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.