Police appeal following Harpenden burglary
TWO men have been arrested following a burglary in Harpenden yesterday (May 28).
The incident happened shortly after 12.30pm, at a property in Breadcroft Lane, off Cornwall Road.
Two young men were seen to run from a driveway and get into a blue Vauxhall Omega before driving off.
Soon after, marked police cars attempted to stop the car, which drove off and was involved in a collision in Ladies Grove, off Batchwood Drive, St Albans. Three men were seen to leave the car and a short time later, two men were arrested.
Det Sgt Dan Stoddart from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Cornwall Road, Harpenden at around 12.30pm to contact me if they have any information which would assist my investigation.
“I am particularly keen to trace a possible witness seen on CCTV. She was a young white woman who was pushing a child’s buggy across Cornwall Road as the two suspects ran in front of her.
“I would also like to hear from anyone else who believes they can assist our investigation.”
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 8 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Herts Police via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.