Motorcylist suffers serious head injury after crash near London Colney
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital with a serious head injury after an accident near St Albans this evening.
For reasons unknown, a blue Audi A3 and a white and silver Honda CBR 600 crashed on the B556 Bell Lane, south of London Colney and opposite the entrance to the De Havilland Aircraft Heritage Musuem.
A man in his 30s who was on a motorcycle suffered a serious head injury as a result of the crash, which happened at about 5.30pm. He was airlifted to a London hospital.
The driver of the Audi, a woman, also suffered minor injuries.
Herts police are appealing for information and witnesses to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Will Hood, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We are working hard to piece together what happened in the lead up to the collision and have closed the road to conduct a thorough investigation at the scene.
“Many people would have been making their way home from work at the time so there would have been a fair volume of traffic.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference ISR 619 of May 11.