Motorcylist suffers serious head injury after crash near London Colney
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital with a serious head injury after an accident near St Albans this evening.
For reasons unknown, a blue Audi A3 and a white and silver Honda CBR 600 crashed on the B556 Bell Lane, south of London Colney and opposite the entrance to the De Havilland Aircraft Heritage Musuem.
A man in his 30s who was on a motorcycle suffered a serious head injury as a result of the crash, which happened at about 5.30pm. He was airlifted to a London hospital.
The driver of the Audi, a woman, also suffered minor injuries.
Herts police are appealing for information and witnesses to the incident.
Sergeant Will Hood, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We are working hard to piece together what happened in the lead up to the collision and have closed the road to conduct a thorough investigation at the scene.
“Many people would have been making their way home from work at the time so there would have been a fair volume of traffic.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference ISR 619 of May 11.