Motorcylist suffers serious head injury after crash near London Colney
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital with a serious head injury after an accident near St Albans this evening.
For reasons unknown, a blue Audi A3 and a white and silver Honda CBR 600 crashed on the B556 Bell Lane, south of London Colney and opposite the entrance to the De Havilland Aircraft Heritage Musuem.
A man in his 30s who was on a motorcycle suffered a serious head injury as a result of the crash, which happened at about 5.30pm. He was airlifted to a London hospital.
The driver of the Audi, a woman, also suffered minor injuries.
Herts police are appealing for information and witnesses to the incident.
Sergeant Will Hood, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We are working hard to piece together what happened in the lead up to the collision and have closed the road to conduct a thorough investigation at the scene.
“Many people would have been making their way home from work at the time so there would have been a fair volume of traffic.”
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 4 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 5 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 10 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference ISR 619 of May 11.