Motorcylist suffers serious head injury after crash near London Colney
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital with a serious head injury after an accident near St Albans this evening.
For reasons unknown, a blue Audi A3 and a white and silver Honda CBR 600 crashed on the B556 Bell Lane, south of London Colney and opposite the entrance to the De Havilland Aircraft Heritage Musuem.
A man in his 30s who was on a motorcycle suffered a serious head injury as a result of the crash, which happened at about 5.30pm. He was airlifted to a London hospital.
The driver of the Audi, a woman, also suffered minor injuries.
Herts police are appealing for information and witnesses to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Will Hood, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “We are working hard to piece together what happened in the lead up to the collision and have closed the road to conduct a thorough investigation at the scene.
“Many people would have been making their way home from work at the time so there would have been a fair volume of traffic.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference ISR 619 of May 11.