Police appeal after car damaged by brick thrown from Harpenden bridge
- Credit: Archant
A car was damaged when a brick was thrown over the side of a Harpenden bridge yesterday (June 15).
The driver, a woman in her 20s, was going under the pedestrian bridge over Ox Lane, near Coldharbour Lane, at about 8.30pm when it happened - leaving the white Audi’s front grille and bonnet damaged.
Herts Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
A PC from the Harpenden Safer Neighbourhood Team, Leanne Mitchell, said: “This kind of behaviour is clearly unacceptable and being treated as criminal damage.
“I would like to speak to anyone who has any information about this incident, or who has seen any antisocial behaviour in the area of the bridge recently.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park