Police appeal after car damaged by brick thrown from Harpenden bridge
- Credit: Archant
A car was damaged when a brick was thrown over the side of a Harpenden bridge yesterday (June 15).
The driver, a woman in her 20s, was going under the pedestrian bridge over Ox Lane, near Coldharbour Lane, at about 8.30pm when it happened - leaving the white Audi’s front grille and bonnet damaged.
Herts Police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
A PC from the Harpenden Safer Neighbourhood Team, Leanne Mitchell, said: “This kind of behaviour is clearly unacceptable and being treated as criminal damage.
“I would like to speak to anyone who has any information about this incident, or who has seen any antisocial behaviour in the area of the bridge recently.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre