Police appeal after boy is bottled in Harpenden
A YOUNGSTER had a glass bottle of beer smashed over his head by an older youth in Harpenden last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the incident on Thursday night and are trying to trace the young victim, who did not stay at the scene in Station Road.
A member of the public alerted police at around 8.40pm but the victim had gone when officers arrived.
Sergeant Lewis Ducket from the Safer Neighbourhood Team in Harpenden said: “This would undoubtedly have been a distressing incident for the boy, who can be no older than 13. It is also a cruel, callous act by the older boy.
“I am appealing for the victim to contact me so we can investigate this incident and take action against the boy responsible. I am also keen for anyone else who saw the incident to get in touch so we can identify the boy responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sgt Ducket via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans