Police appeal after boy is bottled in Harpenden
A YOUNGSTER had a glass bottle of beer smashed over his head by an older youth in Harpenden last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the incident on Thursday night and are trying to trace the young victim, who did not stay at the scene in Station Road.
A member of the public alerted police at around 8.40pm but the victim had gone when officers arrived.
Sergeant Lewis Ducket from the Safer Neighbourhood Team in Harpenden said: “This would undoubtedly have been a distressing incident for the boy, who can be no older than 13. It is also a cruel, callous act by the older boy.
“I am appealing for the victim to contact me so we can investigate this incident and take action against the boy responsible. I am also keen for anyone else who saw the incident to get in touch so we can identify the boy responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sgt Ducket via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or, alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style