Points failure causing train disruption at St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Train lines are blocked after a points failure between London St Pancras and St Albans this morning.
Services have been forced to reroute between West Hampstead Thameslink and Radlett stations, because of the problem at Cricklewood, and this is causing congestion.
Scheduled trains have therefore been cancelled or delayed by up to an hour and disruption is expected until 12pm.
Passengers can instead use their tickets on Southern, Great Northern, Thameslink, London Underground and London bus routes.
This follows two weeks of commuting hell on the Thameslink services, after new timetable teething problems saw widespread cancellations, disruption, and confusion for both rail passengers and staff.
You may also want to watch:
To follow this recent incident on Twitter use #StAlbans
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End