Points failure causing train disruption at St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Train lines are blocked after a points failure between London St Pancras and St Albans this morning.
Services have been forced to reroute between West Hampstead Thameslink and Radlett stations, because of the problem at Cricklewood, and this is causing congestion.
Scheduled trains have therefore been cancelled or delayed by up to an hour and disruption is expected until 12pm.
Passengers can instead use their tickets on Southern, Great Northern, Thameslink, London Underground and London bus routes.
This follows two weeks of commuting hell on the Thameslink services, after new timetable teething problems saw widespread cancellations, disruption, and confusion for both rail passengers and staff.
You may also want to watch:
To follow this recent incident on Twitter use #StAlbans
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly