St Albans Podcast welcomes first Community Partner as the Abbey Theatre signs up
- Credit: Archant
A free scheme designed to help local non-profit organisations, clubs and societies promote their work has been launched by the St Albans Podcast.
The podcast team, led by local broadcaster Danny Smith, aim to provide prominent free publicity to community groups from across the district.
Danny explained: “Giving a voice to and shining a spotlight on local voluntary non-profit organisations is at the heart of what The St Albans Podcast is all about.
“We want to tell our community all about the amazing work of so many people in the local voluntary sector.
“Through my nine plus years working on a daily local drive-time show, I came across hundreds of local groups, many I had not previously heard of.
You may also want to watch:
“Hearing the stories of these stalwart local champions and the amazing work they do in our community was a humbling experience and I am delighted to be able to use the podcast to further help local groups.”
The first organisation to offer its support to The St Albans Podcast and join the Community Partners Scheme is the Abbey Theatre, which has a long history in the city and boasts a membership of over 300..
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
Its current chair, Martin Goodman was recently presented with a certificate by host Danny Smith, confirming membership of the Community Partners Scheme.
The St Albans Podcast will help to promote the work of the Abbey Theatre, including interviews with the cast and crew of forthcoming productions.
In return, the Abbey Theatre will help to promote the podcast to its network of supporters, members and friends.
The benefits of joining the free scheme include:
• On air interviews about the work of your organisation;
• Promotion of events you are running, both on the podcast itself and through our website and social media platforms;
• Being listed on the Community Partners section of the podcast website with contact details, plus a link to your website and your logo;
• A Community Partners certificate to be displayed in your meeting area or reception.
In return, all Community Partners are asked to do is promote the podcast within their organisation.
To find out more and to sign up for the free Community Partners scheme, visit www.stalbanspodcast.com/communitypartners and don’t miss new podcasts released every Wednesday.