St Albans Waitrose customers wonder if their new visitor is fur real
- Credit: Archant
Waitrose has got a new category of customer who tends to do as he purr-leases.
Pluto, a short-haired grey cat, is said to regularly visit the Ermine Close supermarket in St Albans.
Customer Veronique Caroller, 61, of Verulam Road said: “I saw him a while ago and again last week
“When I stopped to say hello, he looked inside my shopping to see if there was anything edible.
“I think he is a regular.
You may also want to watch:
“It really surprised me - I hadn’t expected to see a cat in there.”
Eleanor Hatherley, 54, of Fishpool Street has also seen Pluto. She said: “I walked down the cat food aisle and a real cat was striding towards me!”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Steven Lake, manager of Waitrose, St Albans said: “Pluto does seem very keen to visit our shop - perhaps it’s our wide range of cat food - but unfortunately we have to gently usher him out.”
Purr-haps he will visit again soon.
Maybe he thinks he is human, even though he is Ocat-o.