St Albans Waitrose customers wonder if their new visitor is fur real
- Credit: Archant
Waitrose has got a new category of customer who tends to do as he purr-leases.
Pluto, a short-haired grey cat, is said to regularly visit the Ermine Close supermarket in St Albans.
Customer Veronique Caroller, 61, of Verulam Road said: “I saw him a while ago and again last week
“When I stopped to say hello, he looked inside my shopping to see if there was anything edible.
“I think he is a regular.
You may also want to watch:
“It really surprised me - I hadn’t expected to see a cat in there.”
Eleanor Hatherley, 54, of Fishpool Street has also seen Pluto. She said: “I walked down the cat food aisle and a real cat was striding towards me!”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Steven Lake, manager of Waitrose, St Albans said: “Pluto does seem very keen to visit our shop - perhaps it’s our wide range of cat food - but unfortunately we have to gently usher him out.”
Purr-haps he will visit again soon.
Maybe he thinks he is human, even though he is Ocat-o.